Déclic Vidéo FX
posted on March 30, 2011 12:50
Rating 1.91/5 based on 23 votes
Here they are...
With each new Studio version, you are used to find our batch files. Enjoy !
- batch file to transfer old Pinnacle Studio content to new AVID Studio; realised by Le Papy with the help of Francis57
Today, it's a little bit different, since some plugins are not functional into AVID Studio. Therefore, this batch file called "Transplug-HFX" and which depends of your Operating System (OS), will only transfer working content to Avid Studio.
It transfer all fully functional plugins (or working plugins) from Studio (12, 14 or 15) to AVID Studio which is still installed on your computer.
Working plugins which are transferred are :
- Boris Graffiti (* to manually transfer Boris Graffiti, see below);
- JpsEffects (1 effect not fully functionnal)
- VirtualDub (some effects crash Avid Studio)
- WlFilter (5 effects not working)
All DV FX transitions (HFX) which are currently in your Studio (12, 14, 15 version) album on your computer, will be merged and transferred to AVID Studio. We strongly recommand that you first run the batch file Repare-HFX-Sxx corresponding to your OS, in order to have an up-to-date album for one of your Studio version.
25 th September 2011 : the patch Repare-HFX is replaced by Repare-HFX-11-12-14-15, see "Avid Studio, Pinnacle Studio and 00 - Declic-Video Transitions".
Example : if a Studio version is installed on your computer, you should run the batch Repare-HFX-11-12-14-15.bat and then, OPEN and CLOSE Studio 14 before processing with the transplug batch file.
This batch file will be run once to transfer plugins to Avid Studio after its installation. You should use it according to the usual conditions mentionned in our webpage: refer to point 3 of our instructions here.
- Batch file to update HFX album for Avid Studio, realised by Le Papy with the help of Francis57
After using the transfer batch file above, your HFX album in Avid Studio is up-to-date. But when you will create (or delete) new HFX transition, or when you will download a new transition and launching the corresponding HFZ file, you will need to update AVID Studio album. To do so, please follow the guidelines :
It means that you will need to keep one Pinnacle Studio version on your computer (12, 14 or 15), in order to have AVID Studio reconstructing its HFX album...
- General information related to HFX transitions
Avid Studio is ordering its transition in different sub-folder, according to their characteristics upon creation. DV FX transitions have been created by various users. Therefore, they are currently ordered according to the HFX version used to create them, in 5 sub-folder in AVID Studio:
- HFX Basic
- HFX Plus
- HFX Pro
- User Transitions
In the future, we will try to group them all together, in the same DV FX folder. The future has arrived 25 th September 2011, see "Avid Studio, Pinnacle Studio and 00 - Declic-Video Transitions".
But why a batch file ?
The batch (or .bat) is different than an executable file, that allow you to transfer, as explained in the previous steps of this tutorial, all plugins as well as DV FX HFX transitions from Studio to Avid Studio. At the opposite of other files, like .exe, you can edit our file with NotePad (right click -> Modify), so you can see what is inside. It allows you to see which operations are performed, in summary, what will happen. Even if the code seems complicated at the first glance, you will rapidly understand what is behind, which kind of operation we are doing, and therefore to better understand that file manipulation run on your computer are not risky (provided that you are downloading the batch file from our website and not from elsewhere). With a batch file, you exactlly know what's going on !
[Download the batch file according to your OS]
Maybe it's not the easiest and fastest solution, but to my opinion, it's better than nothing and much faster than doing it by hand.
(*) Manually transferring Boris Graffiti (thanks to Alan for the information):
- Uninstall Boris to start fresh
- Install Boris Graffiti from the Pinnacle Studio 12 disk. This installed Boris Graffiti 18.104.22.1685.
- Then copy the two files (.fex and .xml) from Studio 12 installation (might be restored from a backup as well) into 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Avid\Studio\plugins\RTFx'. Note the location and case sensitivity here. Boris Graffiti can now be found under 'Creative Elements -> fx Effects -> Filter -> BorisFX'. Note that the "Filter" item is new. Or, if you're just looking at "Effects: (all)" within the "Movie" option, you'll see "BorisFX" as an item and "Boris Graffiti" within that. This effect can then be applied to something and by opening the Effects Editor you can edit it.