posted on September 25, 2011 05:19
Rating 2.06/5 based on 17 votes
We have to admit that the release of Avid Studio and new studio versions has slightly disrupted the friendly relationship that existed between Hollywood FX and Pinnacle Studio who knew very well how to maintain a good relationship. Indeed, Studio provided HFX with everything it needed to rebuild its album transitions when new transitions were imported or created in Hollywood FX.
That is no longer true with Avid Studio and new studio versions, which integrates at installation time, only "official" Pinnacle transitions and then no longer lets you add new transitions imported or created in Hollywood FX. It was therefore necessary to find a way to make it "assimilate" all of our transitions.
Step 1: Existing
We had already provided in this emergency :
- A batch program, "Transplug-HFX", for your OS that only transfers the plugins that are largely functional in Avid Studio (and new studio versions with Version 2) and 00 - Declic-Video transitions that are present in the album versions of Studio (12 to 15) installed on your computer. All the details to implement this were provided in your "Transfer into Avid Studio your old plugins still functional".
- A batch program "Repare-HFX-AVID" for your OS update of the Avid Studio and new studio versions transitions album that allows you to include in Avid Studio and new studio versions, new transitions imported or created in Hollywood FX. All the details of implementation were provided in your "Transfer into Avid Studio your old plugins still functional". This batch program has been improved and is now called "TransHFX" (Version 2) see what's new below.
Step 2: What's New
- The batch program "Repare-HFX-Sxx" for your OS has been improved and now it works on all systems (XP, Vista 32/64 and Seven 32/64) and it handles all versions of Studio 11 to 15 installed on your computer. The 11 old batch programs will no longer be available online and will be replaced by the new batch file "Repare-HFX-11-12-14-15" which we invite you to download on our website.
- The batch program "TransHFX" replaces "Repare-HFX-AVID" for your OS. This batch program runs on all systems (XP, Vista 32/64 and Seven 32/64) and covers all versions from Pinnacle Studio 11-15 installed on your computer. It replaces all the old batch programs "Repare-HFX-AVID" for your OS will no longer be available online. We invite you to download this new batch file from our site.
Step 3: The why of these changes
We had explained Avid Studio and new studio versions Class transitions in different sub-folders according to the characteristics of their creation. DV-FX Transitions were created by different users. They were then divided, depending on the version of Hollywood FX used for their creation in five subfolders:
- HFX Basic
- HFX Plus
- HFX Pro
- User Transitions
We have arranged for all the 00 - Declic-Video transitions to be grouped in the same folder, "User Transitions", with the exception of three transitions that have not been possible to change, 088, 237 and 314 . If you downloaded these transitions, they will appear in a different folder 00 - Declic-Video. It is possible to manually group them with others, but for now, I will not dwell on the procedure. We will cover that later if you are interested.
Step 4: Now, you have to work ...
If you want to get back to a good starting point, here's what you have to do:
- In order not to duplicate or to keep old versions of our transitions, delete all transitions in the Hollywood FX V6.0 "Effects" folder to get back on a sound footing. Instead of opening Hollywood FX V6.0 and removing all the transitions by hand, which is very tedious, I invite you to read our FAQ HFX "19-How to delete an HFX effect or an HFX category". Just follow the procedure that explains how to delete a HFX category.
- Download the new modified transitions available to you by unit or bundle of a hundred in our compressed 3 ZIP files.
- Unzip the HFZ files you have downloaded. This will take the longest if you extract all files all at once. But do virtually no more time to decompress a transition to unzip 10. I suggest that you extract the 10 or 15 transitions at a time, depending on file size. If you are too impatient, the "Open" item will not appear on the shortcut menu and you can not run the extraction, so be a little less in a hurry ... A reminder to decompress files HFZ (Step 1 point 4).
- Run our new batch file, "Repare-HFX-11-12-14-15". This batch program runs on all systems (XP, Vista 32/64 and Seven 32/64) and covers all versions of Pinnacle Studio from 11 to 15 installed on your computer.
- Open at least one version of Pinnacle Studio installed on your computer so Pinnacle Studio can rebuild a new catalog of transitions.
- Transfer this new catalog to Avid Studio and/or new studio versions using the batch program "TransHFX" (Version 2) This batch program runs on all systems (XP, Vista 32/64 and Seven 32/64) and covers all versions from Pinnacle Studio 11 to 15 installed on your computer.
Every time you import or you create a new transition in Hollywood FX V 6.0, you should:
- Run the "Repare-HFX-11-12-14-15" batch file;
- Open at least one version of Pinnacle Studio installed on your computer;
- Transfer the new catalog to Avid Studio and new studio versions using the batch program "TransHFX."
But why a batch file ?
The batch (or .bat) is different than an executable file, that allows you to transfer, as explained in the previous steps of this tutorial, all plugins as well as DV FX HFX transitions from Studio to Avid Studio and/or new studio versions. Unlike other types of files, like .exe, you can edit our file with NotePad (right click -> Modify), so you can see what is inside. It allows you to see which operations are performed, in other words, what will happen step by step. Even if the code seems complicated at first glance, you will quickly understand what is going on, which kind of operation we are doing, and therefore better understand that file manipulations run on your computer are not risky (provided that you are downloading the batch file from our website and not from elsewhere). With a batch file, you know exactly what's going on !
Step 5: Pinnacle Studio 16 or AVID Studio without Studio 1-15 ...
And if you don't have Pinnacle Studio 1-15 installed on your computer and have only Pinnacle Studio 16 or Avid Studio or a new studio version what can we tell you ... This will become the case more often from now on ... Just follow the tutorial "Install our free transitions in Pinnacle Studio"
[Thanks to all the volunteers who participated in the development of batch programs]
PS: Our friend JCD59 is currently unavailable and we miss his articles. JCD59 soon ...