posted on October 30, 2011 13:00
Rating 3.5/5 based on 6 votes
The history of the batch programs in a nutshell ... With the arrival of Studio 14, users asked for a way to recover their free plugins installed in Studio 12. Some were still on XP, or Vista, and others on Windows 7. And so the first Transplug batch programs were born. Then came Studio 15 and some people went from Studio 14 to Studio 15, while others went directly from Studio 12 to Studio 15 with a different OS. Because of the delay in availability to us and the hasty release of Avid Studio we didn't have the time to rethink the whole problem.
Finally we had time to take advantage of a temporary respite to reconfigure our entire family of Transplug batch files. In order to simplify procedures as much as possible for our users, we now offer a new universal batch program to replace the eight older batch files that are no longer available online.
This new batch program Transplug-HFX is available in our Downloads page.
It is a batch program that runs on all OS's. It scans for versions from Studio 12 through 15 and Avid Studio installed on your computer in the order of 12, 14, 15, and Avid.
- It transfers the free plugins found in the first version to the second (Pinnacle or Avid);
- And possibly those of the second to the third (Pinnacle or Avid);
- And possibly those of the third to Avid.
- Finally, if a Avid Studio version is installed, it transfers the 00 - Declic-Video transitions installed in the album versions of Pinnacle Studio on your computer to Avid Studio. It also transfers the personal transitions that you created or modified, if you have taken care to rename them as explained in our FAQ Avid "11 - Why my personal transitions are not transferred into Avid Studio ?"
It always shows what it is doing and displays a summary report of what it did at the end of the program.
So if you need to transfer your free plugins, download the new batch program Transplug-HFX which also includes some improvements over previous batch programs.
- Transplug-HFX should be used only once after installing Avid Studio (to transfer your plugins as welll as 00-DéclicVidéo HFX transitions from previous Pinnacle Studio version to AVID Studio)
- Repair HFX-10-11-12-14-15 is used after you double clicked on an HFX transition to install it in Pinnacle Studio (please close Pinnacle Studio beforehand)
- Trans-HFX-AVID is to be used when you have already used Repare-HFX-10-11-12-14-15, already opened Pinnacle Studio, and you want to transfer the transitions in Avid Studio (please close Pinnacle Studio as well as Avid Studio beforehand)