Déclic Vidéo FX
posted on January 15, 2012 15:15
Rating 2.56/5 based on 9 votes
Edit 17.01.2012: update according to information received from AVID regarding questions we asked...
Oh yes, like everything in this world, things change...
And the time has come for AVID and Pinnacle support, to take a new direction. Indeed, you will now need an "ASC" in order to contact support ...
- "ASC", what is ?
- An "AVID Support Code", simple isn't it ?
- And how to get this code?
- When you purchase your product, you get an ASC code next to the serial number on the cover or DVD case, or directly on the page where you download your product.
- With this code, support is free for life?
- Hum, well, not really... Free, yes. For life, NO ... As soon as you use the ASC (called an activation), you have 30 days to report thousands of issues and submit all of your problem ... After this time, damn it! You will need a different ASC Code. Languages spoken are english, french, german, italian, spanish and dutch.
- Oh, I can have another code ASC ?
- Yes, you can purchase it here
, it's the same code for phone call or online support... But good news, there are a lot of way to have free support ... The video tutorials, the manual Studio, ...
- What if I purchased my product several weeks / months ago, where I find my code ?
- The ASC has been in existence for years, so it is not new. The ASC is on the DVD case for physical products.
- If I want to call?
- It's only available in english ... And you need a specific ASC code for the phone!
- And where could I find this code ?
- AVID Shop of course, the token is 9.95 dollars ... It can be purchased here
(same code for online support or phone support, you just choose one of the solution).
- Support for 30 days as well ?
- No chance, for the telephone it is a single incident ...
Want to know more? Want to contact Avid or Pinnacle?
PS: Good news, the answer generally arrive within 24 to 48 hours ...
What do we have now ?
- This website and its AVID FAQ or Pinnacle FAQ or tutorials !
- The official video tutorials
- User Manual
- The official knowledge base for Avid or Pinnacle
- The official AVID forum or Pinnacle official forum !
- Yahoo Mailing Group for expert answers
- Video Friends Forum