posted on October 31, 2010 13:50
Rating 2.78/5 based on 9 votes
On 10 July 2008, we heard your request (see HFZ #001 --> #200). On 22 August 2008, Studio 12 was a good opportunity for us to update some of our free Hollywood FX effects, in order to improve their functionality. It has been possible to keep them fully functional with S12. 85 of them have been rebuilt. We took the opportunity to do a general clean-up and update our ZIP files.
Recently, we discover that the file 201-300_HFX-DVFX.zip had some syntax and naming errors, compared to individual files. We have updated our file. No major modification, excepted this file naming convention. If you decide to download and install it (to stay update), please delete all transitions #201 to #300 in Hollywood FX, to avoid duplicata (right click on a transition in Easy FX Editor, and then choose "Delete"). If you are expert, you can manually delete all of them in one batch. To do so, please consult our FAQ #19 "How to delete an HFX effect or an HFX category".
If you want to stay up to date with the HFX available on this website, and if you also wish to take the opportunity to clean-up your HFX, take the time to follow our instructions! You will be able to update all your HFX and to replace them with the latest one, fully working with S12 and S14.
OK, but how ?
Please consult our FAQ #19 "How to delete an HFX effect or an HFX category".
Then, follow these steps :
- close Pinnacle Studio
- save your directories listed in the FAQ
(in case you want to go back to your old HFX)
- delete the folders listed above (to clean up your hard drive)
- download the new HFX effects that interest you (either one by one, or using the new ZIP files)
- if you decide to download the zip files, you will need to extract all of them in a folder first
- double click on each file you downloaded (take note that if you have downloaded zip files and extracted them, you can select all of them, and pressing enter will install them all in one shot),
- finally, do not forget to run the new batch file, "Repare-HFX" corresponding to your operating system and your version of Studio (take note that a news Repare HFX batch file is available for Vista x64).
25 th September 2011 : the patch Repare-HFX is replaced by Repare-HFX-11-12-14-15, see "Avid Studio, Pinnacle Studio and 00 - Declic-Video Transitions".
These changes have required a lot of work. But the desire to assist and satisfy our users have provided us with the necessary incentives.