I'll show you how easy it is to achieve a video wall with Heroglyph. Take a look at this video :
You can insert still pictures or animated images. These one must be in AVI format. All codecs are not supported. Content in MJPEG should be a good choice.
Step 1 : Preparation in Studio
On the timeline insert a still image or a video and an audio background. Set the duration to 20 seconds :
Apply the video effect Heroglyph from ProDAD category :
Press Edit Heroglyph, then in the opening window Edit title.
Step 2 : Selecting and inserting video wall content
In Heroglyph create a new project :
In Windows Explorer select the images and videos you want to put in the wall. Make a simple drag'n'drop from the Windows Explorer to the Heroglyph preview window while keeping the left mouse button pressed. Here, for example, I choose sixteen images and videos to create a wall of 4x4 blocks :
Step 3 : Wall setting
Various changes may be made :
- you can reposition the wall where you want it on the screen by pressing the yellow bar around the wall. The bar gets red :
- you can stretch the wall with the yellow dots. If you stretch a point in the corner while pressing the Shift key on the keyboard, the height/width ratio of the wall is kept :
- you can adjust the vertical and/or horizontal spacing, ie the spacing between each row or column. For that, you must catch the contours of the wall :
- you can center horizontaly and/or vertically the wall in the image background. For this, right-click on the wall and in Arrangement, Center blocks horizontaly and/or vertically :
Let's go to the Design window :
If it is not already visible just select it to the bottom left in the See also window :
In Design window you can access various settings including :
- Glow that adds a light around the elements of the video wall. What gives this example :
Direction, intensity, color and distance of the shadow can be modified.
- Perspective that gives an illusion of relief to blocks :
Color, direction and thickness of the 3D effect can be specified.
- Contours that adds a line around each block :
Thickness and color of the line can be modified.
Step 4 : A few animation
Add video effects during wall start, its display and its end.
Open the Effects window. If it is not already visible just select it to the bottom left in the See also window :
For the video illustrating the beginning of the tutorial I have chosen as fade In effect Small zoom1 :
During the total display of the wall Read 1 :
And as fade Out effect Stretch 2 :
Feel free to adjust the duration of each effect if necessary. And/or to delay the effect start on the Heroglyph timeline.
It's all over ! Hit F12 to return to Studio and your video wall is operational.