posted on January 17, 2014 14:11
Rating 2/5 based on 1 votes
Release of a patch for Pinnacle Studio 17 - Download link
After release of Pinnacle Studio 17, and two patches, a third patch is available. Pinnacle recommends installing the update for all users.
--> Click here to download Pinnacle Studio 17.1 patch <--
It concerns Pinnacle Studio 17, Pinnacle Studio 17 plus as well as Pinnacle Studio 17 ultimate. The download for the patch is free for all users who already bought Pinnacle Studio 17.
The list of improvements announced by Pinnacle :
- Support for 4K UltraHD (for Studio Ultimate)
- Updated Smart Encoding.
- Improved performance when Library contains thousands of media files.
Note: Installation of this patch resets your library settings.
- Multiple Stability Improvements.
The real big news is the arrival of 4K that was promised by Pinnacle for December. Better late than never!
The rest seems to be a repetition of the previous patch.
At the time of this writing we know nothing more about adding 4K within Studio. We will get back to you as soon as possible regarding this matter.
Since 22.214.171.124 and above, you should know that :
- there is no longer sharing of the library and the plugins directory with PS16
- cache of PS17 is now in C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Local\Pinnacle_Studio_17 and no more C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Local\Pinnacle\Studio\17.0
- 4K export in .mts is available
- smart rendering in .mts is active but still buggy
Le Papy inform us that the library is not reconstructed with this latest version if you already upgraded to 126.96.36.199 before. ;-)